High Net Worth Divorce
Divorce is complex. A divorce for couples with a high net worth can further increase the complexity of the divorce process and the issues to be resolved. A high net worth marital estate may complicate many areas of your divorce, including the division of property and awards of child support and alimony.
An experienced attorney can navigate the unique issues of a high net worth case and advocate for clients to protect their goals and financial interests.
The potential issues in a high net worth case are multi-faceted and may involve:
- Business ownership or business interests;
- Valuation of a business
- Valuation of commercial and residential real estate
- Determination of premarital or non-marital assets
- Determination of income for spouses with non-traditional earnings
- Alimony recommendations and child support calculation analysis for spouses with non-traditional and complex income streams
- Analysis of stock options and deferred compensation
- Recommendations and division of pensions and other retirement accounts;
- Ownership of interstate or international assets
- Identification and recommendations regarding tax issues
- Partnering with a team of experts, including forensic accountants, business evaluators, realtors, etc.
Legal knowledge, the right experts, and experience matter when navigating a high net worth divorce case efficiently, while controlling legal fees. Contact our office to schedule a consultation to discover how our legal team at Koenig │Dunne can protect your financial estate and your future.